I've been working on an Appletiser promotion in the Westfield centre (Shepherd's Bush, London) for the last 3 days with 2 other Makeup Artists from my agency Makeup Junkies. We were doing free mini-makeovers on the public, taking about 5-10 mins per person, it was a lot of fun and I thought I would share some of the funny experiences we had:
- Before applying the makeup we had to ask if people were allergic to anything, one woman said "Men".
- One woman said nothing to me, sat in the chair and said "Makeup". That's all she said and when I'd finished she just got up and walked off. Bizarre.
- The young girl who confessed that all her friends set their makeup with hairspray! Dangerous! I begged her to stop doing this and buy some makeup fixing spray.
- The woman who wanted a makeover but wanted to look like she had no makeup on. I am not a magician!
- The girl who wanted a smokey eye and when I had finished she looked in the mirror in dismay and said "It's very smokey"!! Erm, yes.
- One lady was so happy with her makeover she hugged me for ages and had a tear in her eye - adorable.
Have a great Bank Holiday!