My hands are starting to age after lots of driving in the Californian sun, what can I do to get them looking youthful again? Sophie
In the Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible it says that you should "treat your hands with the same care as your face" and it gives the following guidelines to get your hands back into shape:
1. When going outside always wear a hand cream with SPF. Here are some of my favourites:
Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Hand Cream spf15 $14.69
Clarins Age-Control Hand Lotion spf15 $30
I also really like Neutrogena Anti-Ageing Hand Cream spf25 but am not sure whether this is sold in the US as it doesn't appear on the US Neutrogena website.
2. Use an exfoliation scrub on the backs of your hands once a week.
3. If you use a moisturising face mask, slap some on the back of your hands at the same time.
4. Any creams or serums you use on your face at night also use on your hands or use a rich, hand cream (without spf) such as Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream $9 or Weleda Pomegranate Hand Cream $10.39.
5. And finally if you are doing gardening, housework etc always wear gloves.